Friday, September 9, 2011

Memories...

Today is supposedly Alaine’s 24th Birthday.....We have been missing her since she passed away…we are still sadden on many family moments without her….but day by day we are moving on and I know we're getting there in God's grace...




I miss how she called us with her own created name… “Mi” super shortcut for Mommy/Mama and “Te Di’ or Di for my name…I miss how she throw tantrums whenever Ate, Ace and I join force to tease her… shes’s the youngest so the three of us automatically have the license to tease her…I miss how we plan our weekend…coz since I and Ate graduated from college and got work.. Our family love to spend  weekend checking out the restos, food chains, coffees and fraps, laughing out the week that has passed and enjoying each other’s company…we are limited financially when all of us are still studying so we enjoy our earnings after we graduated…I remember the cute hobby of Alaine, she always collect different table napkins on resto and fast food chains we dine-out and a bit frustrated if the resto has no logo printed on their table napkins…and surprisingly this hobby was inherited by Kenry my niece :) . Alaine’s shoe size is 10”1/2…it runs in the family but she has the biggest… whenever she buys shoes, sandals or just a simple  fitflops  it's a leg work for all of us (we always go to the mall as one big happy family:)). Of course we want to  look first on the not too expensive brands but after hours of searching we end up buying for the pricey one because her shoe size :) her smile is way beyond her ears if we end up buying the pricey one :) good thing that it is divided by two, Ate and I , in some cases divided by three with Mama :) ,  after the shoe quest she will smile towards me and say…”Di, I’m hungry…san tyo eat?” and then it will take us another hour to decide where to eat…and another hour to choose what to eat…our boys already in grimace face mask…because of hunger…and will say that they will not accompany us next time…but of course they have no choice coz  definitely  there’s always a next time :) coz girls rule! :)


When Alaine underwent chemo therapy it never cause her to stop from going out..with pale skin, dull lips, dark circle on her eyes, bald head and with mask to cover her nose and mouth… she’s still energetic and full of life…we see how strong she was and how she wants to live normal life and we supported her all through the way…our family strive to live happy and normal for Alaine, we treasure every day and every second that she’s still with us…and I know she feels the same way…All of us are hopeful that miracle will be given to Alaine in the end…parallel to our prayers we do the human thing, we research for all possible medical cure,  she undergo multiple chemotherapies in preparation for bone marrow transplant, and other alternative medicines. She will be hospitalized for a month or two every chemo session…. in between she will be admitted in ICU for complications….50/50 is always around the corner….and situations are up and down…We are all stressed physically and emotionally but would you imagine how was it for Alaine,… our prayers and faith continue…claiming for a miracle in the end… Few weeks before I got married the result of blood test was delivered that she’s on relapse again…the doctor  said that even she undergo bone marrow transplant she just have 30% chance to survive…. She cried and hug me  tight because she worry she will not be there for my wedding and will not fulfill her duty as maid of honor…but not worried to die....God is Good because she’s still there and walk the aisle when I got married….no one can trace with her looks that she’s sick and dying…..Alaine live gracefully while battling Leukemia for 4 years… She died 7 weeks after her birthday and my wedding and after it was confirmed that I am pregnant… I still remember when when she touched my tummy saying ”Yehey my baby na uli” We all hope and pray for a miracle until the end but maybe the Lord has better plans for her…It’s been 3 years since she left….but we still miss her….and for sure we’ll do miss her forever…


Happy Birthday Alaine…..We Love You and Miss You So Much…





2 comments: